This course is focused primarily on the mindset and role of an Agile Coach. Participants will learn to differentiate between and among mentoring, facilitating, professional coaching and teaching, and will also gain the skills needed to create a safe environment for meaningful collaboration and healthy conflict resolution within an agile team. This certification introduces participants to foundational team coaching skills and team development concepts for starting and growing teams while focusing on teams and organisations as systems.
The teaching approach is innovative and interactive: it is based on activities, games and discussions, following the lead of Training from the Back of the Room and Liberating Structures. The key topics that are covered are:
- how coaching differs from training, teaching or mentoring
- the Agile coaching mindset
- emotional intelligence and different levels of listening
- transformational questions
- the arc of a coaching conversation
- coaching individuals vs coaching teams
- coaching through conflict
- giving feedback
- coaching high performance.
- What agile coaching is and how it can impact teams
- How to use fundamental professional coaching skills for team and personal development
- How to create a psychologically safe environment for teams by looking at setting up their working agreement and using an effective toolset to foster team collaboration and trust
- How to conduct a coaching conversation from the coaching agreement to action and accountability
- How to coach in situations of conflict and change
- How to coach toward high-performance.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for everyone who has a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn and practice facilitation, professional coaching, mentoring, and teaching in service of Agile teams. It suitable for who is about to start coaching Agile teams or has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding. It is also suitable for anyone who would like the first introduction to Agile coaching.
This is a Tandem Coaching Academy course and it is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Agile Coaching track. After successful completion of this course, participants will receive the qualification ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC). This is a key step toward achieving the ICAgile Expert Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), the industry’s first competence-based certification.
What participants say about this course
in the field, I have been very surprised her expertise and desire
to help us embrace a new mindset. A great experience
with a brilliant and fabulous coach as Lucia is."
professional coaching. Friendly form, interesting exercises
and DOJOs! Thank you Lucia :)"
Live demonstration of techniques to resolve your doubts,
answer your questions and help you solve issues
you may be facing in your workplace. At the end of the training
I was able to apply my newly acquired coaching skills to my teams
and be better at my job."
a significant role in my career change. Lucia navigates the course content providing real-life examples and creating the space for practice
with coaching dojos. This course was genuinely transformational for me,
and I cannot recommend it enough."
and practical tools to improve the quality of my work.
Lucia is a talented trainer able to teach you in a modern way:
funny, informal but at the same time highly professional."
with the group to create ground for common work.
This online training was professionally organised."